Mission and Philosophy
Japhet School’s mission is to nurture and prepare each child for life by integrating character education with a strong academic program.
Upon hire and at the beginning of every school year, every member of Japhet’s faculty and staff commits to teaching and working in harmony with our philosophy, which defines our unique approach to helping children grow as individuals and as confident learners.
Philosophy — Japhet School believes:
- A school should educate the whole child, establishing a strong basis for academic, physical, moral, social, and spiritual development.
- Character education is an essential part of a child’s education.
- Students learn best when information is shared with creativity, enthusiasm, and in a variety of ways that supports different learning styles.
- Education of children is a shared responsibility between the school, family, and the community.
- The school should present its instructional program in a way that supports and enriches the basic family unit.
- With the gift of knowledge and the understanding of moral and spiritual values comes an obligation to help mankind.
- The best education includes instruction in basic study habits, test taking, active listening, cooperative learning, and disciplined effort.
- Every student can experience success in proportion to his/her receptivity to instruction and application.
- The faculty and staff should not limit student progress or success with negative predictions, comments, or labels.
- Children express innate purity, goodness, and health.